Zıplanacak içerik
  • Üye Ol

Gangnam Style Singer "Psy" Apologises for Anti-US Protests

Ali Okur

Önerilen İletiler

South Korean rapper Psy, whose song Gangnam Style became an internet sensation, has apologised for taking part in anti-US protests several years ago.

72536-HABER.jpg

He issued a statement after US media reported he had performed in concerts protesting against the US presence in South Korea and Iraq.

The singer said he would "forever be sorry" for any pain he had caused.

Psy is due to perform at the annual "Christmas in Washington" TV special.

US President Barack Obama and his family are expected to attend the concert.

Psy's hit song Gangnam Style is the most-watched video ever on YouTube, with more than 900 million views since it was uploaded in July.

However, at a concert in 2002 protesting against the US military presence in South Korea, the singer smashed a model of a US tank on stage.

At another concert in 2004, Psy performed a song that described killing "Yankees" who had tortured Iraqi prisoners and killing their families "slowly and painfully".

The lyrics were from the song Dear American by South Korean metal band Next.

"While I'm grateful for the freedom to express one's self, I've learned there are limits to what language is appropriate and I'm deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted," he wrote in the statement.

"I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words."

Psy, who attended college in the US, said he understood "the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world".

He added: "I have been honoured to perform in front of American soldiers in recent months... and I hope they and all Americans can accept my apology."

The singer's participation in the protests was no secret in South Korea but unknown in the US until recently, AP news agency reported.

The White House has confirmed that President Obama and his family will attend the charity concert on 21 December at which Psy will perform.

http://www.konyaninn...s-protests.html

Yoruma sekme
Diğer sitelerde paylaş

Katılın Görüşlerinizi Paylaşın

Şu anda misafir olarak gönderiyorsunuz. Eğer ÜYE iseniz, ileti gönderebilmek için HEMEN GİRİŞ YAPIN.
Eğer üye değilseniz hemen KAYIT OLUN.
Not: İletiniz gönderilmeden önce bir Moderatör kontrolünden geçirilecektir.

Misafir
Maalesef göndermek istediğiniz içerik izin vermediğimiz terimler içeriyor. Aşağıda belirginleştirdiğimiz terimleri lütfen tekrar düzenleyerek gönderiniz.
Bu başlığa cevap yaz

×   Zengin metin olarak yapıştırıldı..   Onun yerine sade metin olarak yapıştır

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Önceki içeriğiniz geri getirildi..   Editörü temizle

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Yeni Oluştur...

Önemli Bilgiler

Bu siteyi kullanmaya başladığınız anda kuralları kabul ediyorsunuz Kullanım Koşulu.